Quick Facts on Forest Carbon in Arizona
- Arizona has 10.9 million acres of forests and is 15% forested.
- Arizona forest carbon stocks have decreased by 2% from 1990 to 2019.
- Average carbon density in aboveground trees across Arizona forests is 8.4 US tons per acre.
In Arizona, forests, urban trees, and harvested wood products:
- Remove a minimal amount of all CO2 emissions in the state after taking into account forest mortality. (Across the US, this value is 14%.)
- Store the equivalent of 22 years of all CO2 emissions produced in the state.