Quick Facts on Forest Carbon in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma has 11.9 million acres of forests and is 27% forested.
- Oklahoma forest carbon stocks have increased by 9% from 1990 to 2019.
- Average carbon density in aboveground trees across Oklahoma forests is 13.3 US tons per acre.
- In Oklahoma, forests, urban trees, and harvested wood products:
- Remove 7% of all CO2 emissions in the state. (Across the US, this value is 14%.)
- Store the equivalent of 25 years of all CO2 emissions produced in the state.