Quick Facts on Forest Carbon in New Hampshire
- New Hampshire has 4.8 million acres of forests and is 83% forested.
- New Hampshire forest carbon stocks have increased by 10% from 1990 to 2019.
- Average carbon density in aboveground trees across New Hampshire forests is 31.8 US tons per acre.
In New Hampshire, forests, urban trees, and harvested wood products:
- Remove 38% of all CO2 emissions in the state. (Across the US, this value is 14%.)
- Store the equivalent of 130 years of all CO2 emissions produced in the state.