Quick Facts on Forest Carbon in Nevada
- Nevada has 7.5 million acres of forests and is 11% forested.
- Nevada forest carbon stocks have increased by 1% from 1990 to 2019.
- Average carbon density in aboveground trees across Nevada forests is 6.4 US tons per acre.
In Nevada, forests, urban trees, and harvested wood products:
- Remove a minimal amount of all CO2 emissions in the state after taking into account forest mortality. (Across the US, this value is 14%.)
- Store the equivalent of 28 years of all CO2 emissions produced in the state.