Quick Facts on Forest Carbon in Arkansas
- Arkansas has 19.0 million acres of forests and is 57% forested.
- Arkansas forest carbon stocks have increased by 22% from 1990 to 2019.
- Average carbon density in aboveground trees across Arkansas forests is 24.3 US tons per acre.
In Arkansas, forests, urban trees, and harvested wood products:
- Remove 36% of all CO2 emissions in the state. (Across the US, this value is 14%.)
- Store the equivalent of 65 years of all CO2 emissions produced in the state.