Company Name: LANDVEST INC
Position Title: Strike Force Forester
Location: Northcentral, Vermont, United States
Are you ready to begin or advance your forestry career with a nationwide leader in forest management and timberland marketing? Then, we want to talk to you.
LandVest is looking for an energetic and dedicated individual for its Strike Force team of roving foresters. Each Strike Force Forester is stationed near one of our existing offices in Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. We are looking to fill the position based in north central Vermont, but other locations will be considered. Approximately 50% of their time will be on the road dedicated to forest inventory, timber marking, harvest layout, and boundary maintenance projects across the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and elsewhere in the United States. The remaining 50% of the time will be dedicated to assisting local staff with similar projects close to home.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inventory: Overstory and understory data collection using a variety of inventory methods including point sample, fixed radius and carbon inventory protocols. Use of field data recorders and mobile GIS solutions.
- Timber Marking: Implementation of silvicultural prescriptions through marking & sale layout.
- Other Field Duties: Boundary line maintenance and GPS data collection.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or similar from an SAF accredited program
- Preferred one year of work experience with similar duties
- Passion for the forestry profession
- Strong work ethic and dedication
- Open mind and readiness to learn from experienced foresters
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions and difficult terrain
- Willingness to travel across the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and occasionally elsewhere on short notice
- Reliable 4WD, off-road capable vehicle
LandVest will provide:
· A stable organization celebrating over 50 years in business
· A positive work environment
· Training, the opportunity to build upon your education and hone your forestry skills
· Competitive salary & paid time off
· Healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plans
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· Eligible for annual and new business bonus plans
· Expense & mileage reimbursement. Truck stipend.
· Continuing education and licensure expense coverage
· Advancement opportunities
For information on LandVest Timberland Division, please visit our website at: www.landvest.com/management-and-consulting
And watch this video: https://vimeo.com/500561589
LandVest, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/KMKwqbta7q7ZktzQJSXEB8