Are you ready to begin or advance your forestry career with a nationwide leader in forest management and timberland marketing? Then, we want to talk to you.
LandVest is looking for two energetic and dedicated individuals to add to its Strike Force team of roving foresters. Each forester will be stationed near one of our existing offices in Ridgway, PA, or Newport, VT. Additional locations will be considered based on responses. Approximately 50% of their time will be on the road dedicated to forest inventory, timber marking, harvest layout, and boundary maintenance projects across the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and elsewhere in the United States. The remaining 50% of the time will be dedicated to assisting local staff with similar projects close to home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inventory: Overstory and understory data collection using a variety of inventory methods including point sample, fixed radius and carbon inventory protocols. Use of field data recorders and mobile GIS solutions.
- Timber Marking: Implementation of silvicultural prescriptions through marking & sale layout
- Other Field Duties: Boundary line maintenance and GPS data collection.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or similar from an SAF accredited program
- Preferred one year of work experience with similar duties
- Passion for the forestry profession
- Strong work ethic and dedication
- Open mind and readiness to learn from experienced foresters
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions and difficult terrain
- Willingness to travel across the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and occasionally elsewhere on short notice
- Reliable 4WD, off-road capable vehicle
LandVest will provide
- A stable organization celebrating over 50 years in business
- A positive work environment
- Training, the opportunity to build upon your education and hone your forestry skills
- Competitive salary, paid time off, benefits & incentives
- Expense & mileage reimbursement. Truck stipend.
- Advancement opportunities
- You may apply for any or all locations.
- Upload a letter of interest and resume.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/6eRkpqfK4wwJcxmAcoA5Q