We are looking for a creative and curious collaborator who is skilled at developing, driving and implementing product strategy. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Product Management for Wood Products.
In this role you will deliver value and have a long-term impact on the business by partnering and collaborating with Product Line Leaders to maximize profitability of the product line through the economic cycle. You will be responsible for setting product strategy and product performance goals for success, focusing on a 2-to-5-year horizon.
This is a U.S. based role. Locations outside of Seattle, WA near a Weyerhaeuser office or a major airport will be considered.
What You’ll Do?
The Product Manager will provide a high level and strategic approach to the product line’s product strategy to maintain competitive position and maximize profitability while staying aligned with business long-term goals.
• Develop product strategy and performance goals.
• Garner and maintain alignment across marketing, manufacturing, technical, sales and supply teams on the product line’s product strategy and goals.
• Ongoing research and analysis of macro and emerging market trends and sales data, collaboration across product line teams and gathering external feedback is critical to success of the Product Manager. Through these activities the product manager will take initiative to
• Maintain an ongoing understanding of market trends, customer needs and competitive offerings.
• Identify, develop and garner support to implement actions for the product strategy and go-to-market approach to address strategic growth opportunities, gaps and challenges
• Effectively communicate financial implications of each product within the portfolio, provide recommendations to address risks as market dynamics change.
• Ensure organizational understanding of impacts of cost and customer experience tradeoffs as they arise. • Guide and promote product development to meet strategic objectives and profitability goals.
• Inform demand forecast with a long-term view – work collaboratively with product line leaders to inform short-term tradeoffs.
• Collaborate with sales and marketing leaders to develop strong product promotional programs.
• Collaborate with supply chain, manufacturing, and product engineering leaders to ensure products and services meet customer needs and product field performance expectations.
• Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership.
• Manage strategic projects using project management fundamentals including use of charters- defining scope, schedule and budget
• Apply creative teaming processes to achieve alignment and execution of the strategy.
What You Need to Succeed
• Four-year undergraduate degree.
• Minimum 5 years of wood products or building industry sales and marketing, product marketing, product management, or category management experience.
• Minimum 3 years Project Management experience including experience leading projects with cross functional teams and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategy and achieve alignment. Lead execution through influence including setting goals, developing initiatives and tactic.
• Strong business acumen and naturally curious with a desire to solve problems others may not realize exist and push beyond the status quo.
• Excellent critical thinking, sound judgement and effective decision-making ability. Able to be flexible and able to adapt to change with ease.
• Excellent communication and collaboration abilities– both written and verbal. Including using built-in application functions to give and receive input and feedback.
• Demonstrated success developing, delivering in-person and virtual presentations to a broad audience to tell the story and persuade the audience to take action. Proven level of proficiency using applications such as PowerPoint.
• Successfully uses a creative approach to demonstrate concepts, explain situations, and solve complex problems.
• Excels at compiling and analyzing data such as market trends, costing, pricing, financial performance to extract insights and support recommendations. Proven level of proficiency with analysis in Excel and PowerBi or Tableau.
• Experience using Roadmap and Project management applications such as Aha!, Asana, or ProductPlan.
• This role works with teams and markets across US and Canada and requires working across multiple time zones on a regular basis.
• This role will require travel throughout North America up to 20% of the time with visits of up to one week in duration.
• Graduate degree (MBA or Masters in Marketing)
• Experience in B2B product marketing is preferred.
• Marketing certification in Marketing Management
• Project Management certification such as CAPM or PMP
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE: https://weyerhaeuser.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en%26job=01017360
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team