Company: LANDVEST INC
Position Title: Forester
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Newport, Vermont 05855
Yearly Salary: $46,000 to $52,000
LandVest is looking for an energetic and dedicated individual for a Forester position for its growing business in its Newport, Vermont Office. The position will be a mix of field work focusing on timber marking, forest inventory and silvicultural operations and office work preparing Vermont Use Value Appraisal compliant management plans. LandVest offers the opportunity to work with an experienced and well-respected staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Timber Marking: Implementation of silvicultural prescriptions through marking & sale layout.
- Inventory: Overstory and understory data collection using a variety of inventory methods including point sample and fixed radius. Use of field data recorders and mobile GIS solutions.
- Other Field Duties: Reconnaissance of potential harvest units, inspection of active harvest operations, scheduling and oversight of pre-commercial thinning, maintenance of records pertaining to timber sale operations, boundary line maintenance, and GPS data collection.
- Office: Maintenance of LandVest and client records, transfer of inventory data, workup of timber sale volumes, harvest prescriptions and management plans.
- Bachelors degree in Forestry from an SAF accredited program, Associates degree with additional experience will be considered.
- Minimum of one year of work experience with similar duties. Knowledge of Vermont UVA Program is desirable.
- Passion for the forestry profession.
- Strong work ethic and dedication.
- Open mind and readiness to learn from experienced foresters.
- Willingness to travel across the northeast region occasionally.
- Reliable 4WD, off-road capable vehicle.
LandVest will provide
- A stable organization celebrating over 50 years in business.
- A positive work environment.
- Training, the opportunity to build upon your education, and hone your forestry skills.
- Competitive salary, paid time off, benefits & incentives.
- Expense & mileage reimbursement. Truck stipend.
- Advancement opportunities.
- If interested and qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume through the application link.
For information on LandVest Timberland Division, please visit our website at:
And watch this video:
LandVest, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.