Company Name: State of Missouri
Position Title: Environmental Program Analyst
Job Location: This position is with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Division of Environmental Quality, and will be located at 1730 East Elm Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101.
Why you’ll love this position:
You will perform project management related to the investigation and cleanup of sites contaminated with hazardous substances. The emphasis of this position will be in the cleanup of contaminated sites within the Remedial Project Management Unit. You will work on a range of sites in various geographical and geological settings across the state as part of a team of professionals in the Environmental Remediation Program’s Superfund Section.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct investigations and perform project management oversight of contaminated sites in accordance with the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) and other federal and state laws and regulations.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of site investigation and cleanup, and assure professional, effective and efficient planning and conduct of project work.
- Prepare investigation reports using EPA guidance documents.
- Prepare or critically evaluate project documents pertaining to site investigation and cleanup.
- Participate in technical meetings, public meetings, responsible party negotiations, site visits, sampling events and other field activities. Field activities encompass approximately 10% of the time for this position.
- Coordinate and communicate site activities with other department staff and management, the USEPA, other federal, state, and local governmental agencies, the regulated community, and the public.
- Prepare Geographic Information System (GIS) maps using ArcMap software.
- Participate in project work planning, tracking, and reporting.
- Respond to public inquiries and provide technical and administrative support to management on site assessment activities.
All you need for success:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline and 2-4 years of relevant experience. (Substitutions may be allowed.)
- Ability to use a computer and standard word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and/or apply laws, regulations, policies, guidance procedures, maps, plans, and reports.
- Ability to evaluate data and communicate findings.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid vehicle operator’s license for travel (occasionally overnight).
More reasons to love this position:
The State of Missouri offers an excellent benefits package that includes a defined pension plan, generous amounts of leave and holiday time, and eligibility for health insurance coverage. Your total compensation is more than the dollars you receive in your paycheck. To help demonstrate the value of working for the State of Missouri, we have created an interactive Total Compensation Calculator. This tool provides a comprehensive view of benefits and more that are offered to prospective employees.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/b7yLqOteQGdlF2l1sNBnY