Company Name: LANDVEST INC
Position Title: District Forester
Location: Lowville, New York 13367, United States
LandVest is looking for an energetic and dedicated individual for a District Forester position for its growing business in its Lowville, New York Office. The position will be a mix of field (75%) and office (25%) work for various clients focusing on meeting their objectives. The position will report to Jack Santamour, Forest Resources Manager- Mid Atlantic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning: Create harvest, road, and other field project implementation plans within the scope of existing or created management plans, to meet client silvicultural, environmental and income objectives
- Timber Sale Administration: Development & implement silvicultural prescriptions, complete sales layout, easement compliance, create contracts, inspect active timber sales, etc.
- Green Certification: Compliance with LandVest green certification policies and procedures.
- Contract Administration: Create and Administer contracts for harvesting, road work, surveying and other contracted activities
- Inventory: Participate in and help manage inventory projects, including carbon project inventory as assigned.
- Other Field Duties: Reconnaissance of potential harvest units, field easement compliance, hunting license compliance, road layout, boundary line maintenance, snowmobile club and trail issues, and GPS data collection, invasives control, etc.
- New Clients: Follow-up with prospective client request for proposals and work to create new clients within the assigned work area
- 480-a: Enrollment of new projects and program compliance on existing projects.
- Office: Maintenance of LandVest and client records, client relations, updating maps, creation of client proposals, 480-a administration, input into client monthly reports, other client reporting, respond to client and internal emails, timber sale paperwork, DEC permitting, writing management plans, etc.
- Bachelor degree in forestry or related field from an SAF accredited program
- Associates degree with additional experience will be considered
- Strong computer (excel and word) and other technical skills
- Three to five years of work experience with similar duties
- Passion for the forestry profession
- Strong work ethic and dedication
- Attention to detail and excellence
- Open mind and readiness to learn from experienced foresters
- Willingness to travel occasionally across the northeast region for inventory and other assignments
- Reliable 4WD, off-road capable vehicle
- Willingness to locate near the Lowville/Boonville, NY area
- Desire to work in all weather conditions in remote areas often alone
- The initiative and ability to plan your own day to day schedule and work with minimal daily oversight
LandVest will provide:
- A stable organization celebrating over 50 years in business
- A positive work environment
- Training, the opportunity to build upon your education, and hone your forestry skills
- Mentoring to advance your career within LandVest
- Competitive salary, paid time off, benefits & incentives
- Expense, mileage reimbursement & truck stipend
- Advancement opportunities
If interested and qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume through the Apply Now link.
For information on LandVest Timberland Division, please visit our website at: www.landvest.com/management-and-consulting
And watch this video: https://vimeo.com/500561589
LandVest, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.