Are you ready to begin or advance your forestry career with a nationwide leader in forest management and timberland marketing? Then, we want to talk to you.
LandVest is looking for energetic, entrepreneurial, and dedicated professionals for a District Forester position to serve our clients in Maine. The position can also include working to assist on other project work within the Division. Primarily, the position involves field work focused on road and harvest operations but will include inventory/cruising work as well. As the candidate gains or demonstrates experience, responsibilities will grow to include preparing forest management plans and maintaining existing client relationships.
The position will report out of our Jackman office with administrative support available from this location, and across the Maine region. The position location should be considered “in woods” and will be based out of multiple logging camps located on or nearby the managed properties to minimize travel due to the wide region served by this office. Frequent overnight and multi-night travel will also be necessary with ongoing inventory projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations: Field work involving planning and laying out of harvest units, planning and layout of road construction/maintenance activities, marking timber, inspecting active harvest and/or road operations and closeout, maintaining timber sale records, and collecting GPS data.
- Inventory: Collecting field data, following LandVest cruise protocols, and preparing cruise reports.
- Other Field Work: Boundary work, monitoring leases and other recreational uses, and other assigned field tasks.
- Office: Operational planning, management plan development, project administration, data analysis.
- Other: We are active in certification programs. LandVest is a Group Certified manager under FSC® certificate C120428 covering over +/- 100,000 acres. Successful candidate will be trained to implement LandVest’s Operations Manual and Practices and Protocols that comply with certification and our company standards.
- Frequent overnight and multi-night travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry from an SAF accredited program.
- Maine Forester’s License (or ability to obtain a Maine Forester’s License)
- Strong communication skills- verbal and written.
- Ability to problem solve and having a strong attention to detail are essential to these positions.
- Ability to work with a broad variety of internal staff and external clients and colleagues.
- Must be willing to work strenuous days, occasional weekends, outdoors year-round in all weather conditions.
- Inventory/cruising related field experience.
- Strong operations related field experience, with an emphasis on roads, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to implement mixed northern hardwood, spruce-fir and pine silviculture, planning and supervision of harvest and road operations, cruising, and inventory skills.
- Good computer skills in most elements of Microsoft Office; GPS and introductory GIS skills.
- Reliable and woods ready 4WD vehicle.
- Ability and fortitude.
LandVest will provide:
- A stable organization celebrating over 50 years in business
- A positive work environment
- Training, the opportunity to build upon your education and hone your forestry skills
- Competitive salary & paid time off
- 401k Retirement Plan with company match
- Healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plans
- HSA with company contribution
- Eligible for annual and new business bonus plans
- Expense & mileage reimbursement. Truck stipend.
- Continuing education and licensure expense coverage
- Advancement opportunities
For information on LandVest Timberland Division, please visit our website at: www.landvest.com/management-and-consulting
And watch this video: https://vimeo.com/500561589
LandVest, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.