As the global pandemic continues to impact our industry, communities and everyday life, FRA is working to make sure you have up-to-date and accurate information to help you understand the policies and programs that can help your business. Here are links to the resources we have so far:
- The Paycheck Protection Program is a forgivable loan designed to help small businesses impacted by the current pandemic retain their employees. More information is available at this link, and a good list of what business qualify can be found here;
- Small Business Administration – SBA has a number of programs tailored toward small businesses (which describes much of the forest industry). A summary of all of those programs (mostly loans) can be found here;
- Process guide on how to apply for loans can be found here.
- A list of information at the national level regarding trucking, H2-B and other policies is regularly updated, and found at this link;
- We are compiling and constantly updating a list of state-level policies and restrictions that impact the forest products sector, available here. We’ve got information on the status of logging, sawmills, wood energy and paper mills – as well as links to executive orders that provide you with more detailed information.
Of course, while FRA can tell you what the programs and policies are, we aren’t in a position to give you legal or financial advice – that’s the job of your lawyer, CPA or other advisor that is familiar with the specifics of your organization and situation.
If there is other information you think FRA could be providing our members, please let us know. Our goal is to be a resource you can trust, and we strive to provide our members with the information that can help them make good decisions in these difficult times.