BENEFITS: Benefits will be explained in Employment Benefits Package document
The basic function of the Forester is to support the Lake States Procurement Manager in all phases of wood procurement and to participate and assist in all associated programs. Employment will be based out of Minnesota.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principle duties and responsibilities of the Forester consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in procurement of forest products from open market suppliers.
- Assist in evaluating timber stumpage sales for purchase.
- Pursuing and evaluating timber lands for purchase.
- Assist in management of company owned lands.
- Pursuing and evaluating private landowners for enrollment in the Bell Timber’s Management Assistance Program for forest landowner assistance.
- Identifying and marking of forest products to meet company specifications.
- Overseeing and scheduling full or part time technicians.
- Set-up of all company controlled timber sales including: management plan development, timber marking, surveying, road layout, reporting, and notification processes.
- Coordination of tree planting as needed.
- Assistance in the coordination of and negotiations with production and trucking agreements with contractors.
- Assist in the marketing of forest products not utilized by company.
- Assist in development of forecasts, budgets, operating plans, and harvest schedules.
- Assist in initial forest products accounting and general daily office activities.
- Assist in the scaling of forest products delivered to company yards and on remote sites.
- Attend all necessary training activities to remain current on forest management techniques and industry requirements.
- Minimum of two years experience in forestry preferably to include timber marking, surveying, management plan development, industry requirement training, GIS/GPS experience, and contractor/trucker administration/relations.
- A minimum of a two-year degree in forestry with preference of a four-year degree.
- Physical ability to conduct sometimes strenuous field tasks for long periods.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of various public ordinances, laws, and industry requirements and practices.
- Proficient personal computer skills with spreadsheets, databases, word processing and electronic communications.
- Ability to cover a large work area and to include regular overnight stays.
Valid Class C driver’s license in base state. Base state will be Minnesota
If you are interested in applying, please contact Jim Parma, 218-259-9160, [email protected].