Earlier this year the National Timber Harvesting and Transportation Safety Foundation (THATS) partnered with SafetyMeetingApp.com to offer a benefit to FRA Members and friends. The Foundation is excited to sponsor twenty companies in 2018 with a five-person complimentary annual membership. Currently, we have 13 of those memberships still available.
Mike Farris, BXS Insurance and Chair of THATS stated that “our Mission statement begins with these words, ‘to promote, support, and serve...’. Those are basic concepts yet say it all. Since 1991, that has been our driving force, which is why we are excited to roll out the Safety App.”
Safety Meeting App was created in 2012 to help ensure construction contractors are able to meet safety training requirements and proper documentation as required by OSHA more easily and effectively. The app eliminates the need for carrying around heavy binders and filing paperwork at the office. Safety Meeting App makes keeping up with paperwork in the field simple and makes it easy to train field or remote workers.
What the App provides:
With the ability to add unlimited employees, meetings, incidents, and checklists, the app can provide valuable training and documentation services to any size forestry company. THATS has worked with SafetyMeetingApp.com to offer single user plans for smaller companies who might only need one account to set up a meeting and add incidents. They offer multi-user accounts for companies who wish to give log-in information directly to their foremen or team leaders who may create their own meetings, incidents, and checklists. With these multi-user accounts, any user selected as an administrator will have access to all information added by users within their company.
Safety Meetings and Topics:
If your company signs up for the app, below are some of the features you will receive:
- Nine years of FRA Safety Alerts are available.
- Close to 1,000 safety topics from over 30 trades including general construction, transportation, utilities, public works, inside/outside wiremen, restoration, electrician, plumbing, and many more.
- Meeting set-up and documentation by topic, date, location, and project.
- Detailed safety report once the meeting is complete with your company’s name in the heading that can be printed, saved, or e-mailed in a PDF format. PDF meeting reports can be e-mailed directly from the app.
- The app makes a great resource tool in the field for new employees, or employees needing quick refreshers on jobsite safety.
- The incident documentation feature allows you to record incidents as they happen in the field. Incidents are documented quickly to ensure accuracy. Incidents may include safety observations, accidents, near misses, or even employee related issues.
- You can link near misses to follow-up meetings to help protect your company from future accidents.
- The signature and photo features within incident documentation serve for extra verification and are saved directly to the incident report.
- The objective of the Checklists is to make both employers and employees aware of the many factors to be considered when implementing a safety program.
- By using the safety Checklists, you will be able to document and securely record potential hazards with the push of a button.
- There are over 30 different safety checklists, and more are being added. You can also submit a checklist to get added yourself.
- The app can be accessed by phone, tablet, or by logging into the website portal.
- The app can be used remotely or in a group setting.
- All safety meetings, incidents, and checklists are stored on our secure server and instantly available for review.
- Administrative features allow you to add multiple users to one account.
- Service Agent Jenny Hernandez noted: “We truly care about the needs of our customers and provide one-on-one app training and assistance. Our customers are the best part of our company!”
If your company would like to give the Safety App a try, please contact me at email@example.com or 906.282.6752. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
SafetyMeetingApp.com background and detail provided by Service Agent Jenny Hernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org or 971.287.9729.