Position Announcement: Forest Analyst / Data Manager
Wagner Forest Management, Ltd. manages over two million acres of private timberland investments in northern New England and eastern Canada.
We have an immediate full-time opening in our central office in Lyme, NH for an experienced forester with strong organizational and analytical skills. The Forest Analyst / Data Manager will join our technical support group and participate in a range of functions, including GIS mapping, forest inventory, management planning, sustainable forest certification, operational forester support, land records, and land acquisitions and dispositions.
- maintain, develop, and update tabular databases for sustainable forest management certification and general land management;
- work with internal GIS specialists to provide timely, clear and accurate spatial data to foresters;
- help design, implement, and process forest inventories;
- analyze data and work with others in forest modeling and management plan preparation;
- create internal reports regarding company forest management activities;
- manage relationships and projects with providers of imagery, spatial data, and related services;
- support and facilitate the work of foresters and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or a related field;
- several years of relevant experience in the region;
- expertise with relational databases (Microsoft Access), GIS (ESRI products and/or QGIS), and spreadsheets;
- demonstrated skills in planning, organization, analysis, problem solving, and teamwork;
- good communication skills – in writing, in person, and by phone.
- Experience with growth and yield models (Woodstock) would be beneficial as well.
This job will entail periodic travel and independent work in remote forested locations. Wagner offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive package of benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Dan Hudnut at email@example.com, with ‘Forest Analyst’ as the subject.
Phone: 603-795-2002 • Fax: 603-795-4631 | PO Box 160 • 150 Orford Rd • Lyme, New Hampshire 03768 | WagnerForest.com