Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Planning Forester for our Peachtree City office in Peachtree City, GA. The Planning Forester will be responsible for supporting strategic fiber sourcing initiatives that support the long term growth strategy of the US South operations. The Planning Forester will play a key role in researching, modeling, and forecasting current and future timber supplies in support of future company growth.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analysis and contribute to decision making on growth initiatives comprised of internal projects, acquisitions, and potential new sawmills
- Develop and maintain an up to date US Forest Service Forest Inventory Analysis (FIA) inventory data to utilize in decision making.
- Develop and maintain up to date wood products market consumption data in support of growth initiatives
- Continued assessment of new technology as it contributes to improved efficiencies and better decision-making
- Support wood procurement, operations staff, and business development groups as needed with various initiatives
- Working with the Direction, Business Analysis, to assist with annual budgeting processes as needed
Working with outside forestry and industry re: data exchange, etc.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Forestry or related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years related experience in the forest products sector, timberland management sector, or industry research sector.
- Working knowledge of GIS and other data management systems.
- Knowledge of key industry factors (wood products mills, land ownership patterns, etc) is a plus.
- A desire to pursue a career in wood procurement or by products marketing is preferred.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Able to communicate effectively with team and other departments.
- Presents information in a clear, concise and logical format (verbally and in writing) to position a recommendation or potential solution to an issue.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Demonstrates an understanding and general knowledge of the technical areas of own specialty, and how business objectives are supported.
- Works independently and thrives in an environment that presents challenging issues.
- Supports team decisions, shares all relevant or useful information.
- Seeks assistance from others when working outside of scope of knowledge.
Interested in being a part of our team? Click here.We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.