· Be a proactive safety leader, creating a “Safety First” culture.
· Assist the Fiber Procurement Manager with daily plant and supplier interaction / needs.
- Develop and maintain role of key relationship manager with select fiber suppliers, ensuring all supplier relationships are well supported and provide feedback to suppliers as needed.
- Coordinate with / assist office administrative staff to maintain supply contracts, tract details and delivery schedules in the fiber supply management system (3Log).
- Become familiar with wood fiber scaling and settlement systems.
- Maintain current market knowledge of fiber flows, competitor strategies and fiber pricing.
- Assist with fiber inventory management.
- Track all aspects of fiber supply sustainability as required by DBI policy; conduct random supplier compliance audits for documentation and forest operating practices that meet fiber purchase requirements (adherence to Best Management Practices (BMP’s) and other field aspects of tract management.
- Track supplier performance metrics (% delivery vs. order; turn-time; cost; quality, sustainability compliance, etc.)
- Collaborate with mill operating staff and leadership to ensure Drax Biomass facilities are considered a “destination of choice” and fiber supply products meet quality specifications.
- Must be able to work independently, plan forestry field activities and work alone in forest tract reconnaissance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Fiber Procurement Manager