Forest2Market is a global company that provides data, analytics and supply chain expertise—delivered via SilvaStat360, Forest2Market's online interactive business intelligence platform—to companies that supply wood raw materials, companies that consume wood raw materials in manufacturing processes and to those who invest in these companies. Started in the US South in 2000, Forest2Market has since expanded to the Pacific Northwest, the Lake States and Northeast, Canada, Brazil, Scandinavia, the Baltic States and western Russia.
Forest2Market is searching for a Process and Quality Control Manager for its Data Services Team with vision, the ability to see the future and plan for it. The Process and Quality Control Manager will be responsible for analyzing, improving and documenting business processes; maintaining and improving data quality; and ensuring accurate, reliable, and repeatable reporting and decision support for Forest2Market's customers. This is an exciting role that will allow the manager to flex both strategic and operational skillsets and have a significant impact on the continued transformation of Forest2Market to a global organization.
The data services manager will report to the Vice President of Operations.
- Manage the complete lifecycle of data efforts, including planning, data structure design, implementation, data release, maintenance, support and stabilization.
- Analyze existing processes, identify improvement opportunities that align with strategic objectives and lead multi-discipline teams improving existing processes.
- Design new processes and create process documentation/workflows for data collection, processing, expertizing and reporting. Define and execute strategy for data stewardship, governance and quality.
- Manage data submission of all customer data for Forest2Market subscription services, including monitoring the schedule and timeliness of data submission and making sure that all data is submitted according to Forest2Market subscription deadlines.
- Manage internal handling and processing of all Forest2Market data according to scheduled deadlines; maintain the production flow, accuracy and quality of data both entered and extracted from databases.
- Manage the schedule, timeliness, distribution and quality of all subscription reporting to Forest2Market customers.
- Lead, motivate and manage members of the Data Services team, which includes training and developing staff, capacity planning and setting objectives and priorities.
- Act as lead data advisor to Forest2Market data providers and Forest2Market employees.
- Manage projects assigned to self and assist in managing projects assigned to Data Services team members. Assure projects are delivered according to established timelines.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Financial Management or related field
- Previous working experience as a Business Analyst
- Previous working experience in data management and processing
- Previous experience managing people
- Previous experience managing projects
- Experience with data structure and integration, ETL, Advanced Microsoft Excel, SAS and Relational Database Management Systems
- Critical thinker
- Creative problem solver
- Attention to detail