Forest2Market is a provider of market price data, forecasts, analysis and supply chain expertise for the forest, wood products, paper products, and bioenergy industries. We are seeking an Analyst with procurement forestry experience, supply chain expertise, strong analytic abilities and solid project management skills. The successful candidate will write reports detailing data and supply chain analyses, as well as lead project teams in scoping projects and performing project tasks. The successful candidate will also be curious, resourceful, well organized, and have a dedication to detail and accuracy.
- Complete customized resource study projects, including determining the project scope, estimating the costs and timeframes for completing studies, identifying the appropriate data and analysis required to meet the objectives of the study, perform statistical analysis of the data, and write client-ready reports detailing project results.
- Lead projects and project teams, including timber market analysts and data quality specialists.
- Organize data into report format and prepare graphic illustrations of findings.
- M.S. in Forestry, Resource Management, or related field
- 3-5 years of field experience in the supply chain (e.g., procurement) or other field experience
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytic role, performing and reporting analysis of forestry-related data to management
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities, including economic theory, mathematics and statistics, and quantitative methods
- Knowledge of forest biometrics, the FIA database and growth and yield models, and geographical information systems
- Demonstrated project management experience; the ability to work closely with clients and other employees on a variety of projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to consult with customers to understand project needs
- The ability to present and manipulate data in MS Excel
- Solid time-management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks and projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of financial analytics, MS Office and statistics; a working knowledge of SQL, relational databases, multiple and non-linear regression are a plus
Send application materials to: Human Resources at HR@forest2market.com. Application materials should include a resume and cover letter.