Acadian Timber has an immediate opening for an individual to join our forest planning team serving our New Brunswick and Maine operations. Develop your potential in a fast paced, challenging position that provides superior and timely service to internal and external customers. This position provides a broad spectrum of activity involving the development and implementation of forest level management plans and activities associated with the support and operation of the geographic information system.
This highly motivated individual will be an integral part of the planning team associated with the following key functions:
• Managing of the company’s Forest Information System (FIS)
• Implementing innovative data collection methods and system interfaces
• Automating routine tasks to reduce workloads
• Managing contractors that provide external computer support
• Maintaining currency on leading edge technology and applications to assist staff in performing their functions
• Other miscellaneous assignments, as required.
Candidates who can demonstrate the following attributes will be considered for this position:
• Relevant university degree (i.e. Computer Science; BSc Forestry)
• Understanding of forest resource management
• Knowledge of the Remsoft Spatial Planning System (Woodstock).
• Strong proficiency in: Resource planning / GIS Applications
o SQL server
o Python, Transact-SQL, HTML, XML, VB.net, Java, jQuery
• Mobile application development experience.
• Advanced competency with Microsoft Office products.
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills; French language skills an asset.
• Reliable transportation for travel to alternative locations in New Brunswick and Maine.
• Flexible and reliable team player, willing to meet strict deadlines, and effectively prioritize a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Consistently demonstrate impeccable attention to detail.
• Physical ability to work at office and forest conditions.
Acadian Timber offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive remuneration package including health, dental, insurances, retirement, and other benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo health, functional and drug testing.