Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a General Manager, Wood Procurement for our Northwest Operations. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your strong market relationships while working with a highly aligned mill leadership group. In this role, you will be responsible for providing a predictable supply of logs to our sawmill operations in Washington & Oregon. You will optimize the value of procurement activities, develop effective procurement programs, while ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
What You’ll Do
• Support overall regional objectives to maintain the lowest cost, highest quality fiber sourcing in support of mill’s forecasted needs while maintaining the highest compliance with safety and environmental requirements.
• Develop and execute the annual strategic purchase and inventory plan to provide the highest value timber to the mills.
• Ensure the procurement team identifies and develops timber sources to ensure a consistent supply of targeted levels of delivered logs.
• Lead members of the regional team in the execution of the timber supply plan with precision and a high sense of urgency, remaining flexible to adjust strategy and tactics given changes in market conditions and/or mill operations.
• Effectively evaluate timber opportunities and successfully lead team in negotiating pricing based on true market demands that provide high quality logs at lowest possible cost.
• Analyze data and use the analysis to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including peers, direct reports, management, landowners, and suppliers in verbal and written form related to relevant operations, strategies, and status of execution.
• Develop and report out of timely and accurate financial information including budgets, forecasts, and projected spending.
• Lead and manage a team of direct reports and develop talent through providing ongoing professional development opportunities for individuals to improve skills, help realize their greatest potential, and increase leadership bench strength.
• Represent Interfor in the community by participation in Associations, workshops, and civic and government affairs.
What You Offer
• Post-secondary education in Forestry, Forest Operations, or related program.
• 10 years’ supervisory experience in log procurement and timber operations.
• A well-developed professional network and industry connections with a reputation for integrity.
• Past experience managing direct reports and developing team capabilities.
• Understanding of financial accounting as it pertains to log procurement operations.
• You know the Washington and Oregon timber business like the back of your hand.
• Lumber manufacturing is something you’re familiar with.
• A knack for communicating with all sorts of individuals.
• You think through issues and face problems with a solutions-oriented approach.
• You have built effective teams with a high degree of honesty and integrity.
• Reputation as a quick-thinking and innovative negotiator that finds win-win solutions.
• Self-starter as demonstrated by prior experience.
• Mathematical mindset that excels with numbers.
• Intermediate skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.